It is common to think that you know all about how to sell because of your experience in real estate in another land. In Costa Rica real estate, this type of thinking can be a real hindrance.[/caption]
We have posted quite a bit on this blog about seller’s options in Costa Rica and in particular, The Zone. In this article I will list the pros and cons of the various Seller’s Options and hopefully help to unravel some of the perplexing issues presented by the lack of representation for the seller.
How to do an effective Open Listing:
For a raw land listing, here is a list of what you’ll need:
- The survey (plano) of the property.
- Information on the various fees associated with the property, ie. taxes, road dues, water, monthly maintenance.
- Current photos of the property and its view.
- Creative write-up
For a house listing you’ll also need, in addition to the above:
- A description of the house – number of bedrooms, baths, square footage, if there is a pool, garage etc…
- Who built it and when.
- Disclose any details about the house that the buyer has the right to know.
What you do with all this: