This is the outline that I used for my presentation.
May 11, 2013
Presented by Ben Vaughn & The Avid Reader
(Davis, California), free of charge for anyone interested in the topic of what is involved with living in Costa Rica as an expatriate.
• grew up in Davis
• spent 20 years in the Aspen valley in Colorado
• has lived in Costa Rica since 1999
• currently serves as a consultant for those that are interested in making Costa Rica their home
I come up to Davis every 6 months to visit my family who still reside here.
Regardless of whether I’m visiting Davis, or some other area of the country, I find that there is considerable interest in Costa Rica and what is involved with living there as a foreigner.
Today, my sister Audrey and I went to Whole Earth week out at U. C. Davis. In conversation there with the various venders, they would ask if we lived here in Davis or were just visiting. When they find out that I’m visiting, but not only that, I’m visiting from Costa Rica – well, now that involves some questions.
- How long have you been there?
- What area are you in? We went there for our honeymoon / family vacation / recently etc…
- Is it expensive?
- Can you own land?
- What currency is used there?
- Do you have to learn Spanish?
- Are there lots of bugs?